Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: new HD Channels are here for comcast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    new HD Channels are here for comcast

    the free channels we are getting have expanded. We lost discovery hd so I rescanned the channel list and we lost 1 but gained about 6 or 8 more. If you have an HDTV you may rescan your channels to get the channels in
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: new HD Channels are here for comcast

    Yea I noticed a couple days ago that the History Channel was on there, what else you got? I really wish they would put TBS in HD, would really make that Sunday Baseball game look a whole lot better. Or even offer MLB Extra Innings?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: new HD Channels are here for comcast

    nothing I'd watch a lot but it is nice to have the option.
    I can think right off Animal Planet, Histroy Channel, Food Network, National Geograhpic, A&E and I can't remember what else. Oh yeah, TLC is on there too and maybe a couple others
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: new HD Channels are here for comcast

    comcast in blacksburg has a bunch of HD channels, we picked up about 10 extra in January

    ESPN
    ESPN2
    Discovery
    TBS
    TNT
    USA
    NBC
    ABC
    CBS
    FOX
    Discovery Health
    TLC
    History Channel
    Food Network
    National Geographic
    Animal Planet
    A&E

    then there are other HD channels like MHD (Music HD) that plays concerts and things like that in HD...ive been very pleased with the service here
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: new HD Channels are here for comcast

    It sucks here.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: new HD Channels are here for comcast

    I have been pleases with my Comcast service, I have every Channel that hokie listed except TBS and USA, we also get universal HD, starz HD, Golf HD, and Home and Garden HD.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: new HD Channels are here for comcast

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vthokie22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">comcast in blacksburg has a bunch of HD channels, we picked up about 10 extra in January

    ESPN
    ESPN2
    Discovery
    TBS
    TNT
    USA
    NBC
    ABC
    CBS
    FOX
    Discovery Health
    TLC
    History Channel
    Food Network
    National Geographic
    Animal Planet
    A&E

    then there are other HD channels like MHD (Music HD) that plays concerts and things like that in HD...ive been very pleased with the service here </div></div>

    you get all those free?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: new HD Channels are here for comcast

    My problem with them is the lack of sports that they offer here. No Nfl Network, no MLB Extra Innings package, and no Fox Sports Net channels. It's really quite pathetic.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: new HD Channels are here for comcast

    I get all of the channels I mentioned except starz through the cable company for 8 bucks a month. All you have to pay for is your digital box which is like $7.95 per month there isn't an extra charge for HD channels

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •